Recipe: Pangsit sauce
Although this delicious sauce obviously is intended to go with pangsit goreng, it is very well suited to top egg rolls as well.
- 1 can tomato paste (70 gr / 2.5 ounce )
- salt at flavour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vetjin
- 1 teaspoon sambal
- 2 teaspoons djahé (ginger) powder
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 dl / 7 oz water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 dl / 1.5 oz ginger syrup
- Bring all ingredients to a boil and bind with a little cornstarch.
- Simmer about a minute and let cool while stirring now and then.
- Serve the pangsitsauce cold with pangsit goreng or egg rolls.
Back to Indonesian recipes