Recipe: Nasi kebuli - Rice with lamb
||6 - 8
||1 hour 50 minutes
||2 hours 10 minutes
- 1500 gr boneless lamb
- 2 salam leaves
- 5 jeruk purut / kaffir lime leaves
- 1250 ml santen
- 500 ml water
- 500 gr rice
- banana leaves
For the spice paste
- 1 tsp palmsugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 shallots
- 2 tbsp kerrie jawa
- Cut the meat into cubes.
- Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste and mix it with the water.
- Heat a wok and add the meat and the bumbu and let it simmer slowly for 10 minutes.
- Add the salam, the jeruk purut and 500 ml santen and let it simmer slowly for 60 minutes.
- Pour the remaining sauce in a cup.
- Heat in a pan the rice with the remaining sauce and the remaining santen.
- When the rice cooks, turn of the heat and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Cover a steampan with the banana leaf and spoon the rice on it.
- Steam the rice for 20 minutes until done.
- Add the lamb on a plate and pour the rice on top and serve.
Back to Indonesian recipes