Recipe: Ikan kuah kuning - Fish in yellow soup
- 2 mackerel (could be replaced with another fish)
- 1 lime
- 2 table spoon oil
- 4 stem kemangi (leaves only)
- 4 shallot
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 candlenuts
- 50 gr (2 ounce) canary (optional, could be replaced with candlenut)
- 2 red chili
- 5 bird eye chilli (leave whole)
- 1 tomato (cut into 4)
- 2 cm (1 inch) ginger
- 2 cm (1 inch) turmeric
- 1 lemongrass (smashed)
- 2 salam leaves
- 1 table spoon sugar
- ½ table spoon salt (more/less according to taste).
- Brushing cleaned fish with salt and lime. take aside
- Finely pounded into paste shallots, garlic, turmeric, ginger, candlenuts, canary and red chilli.
- Saute spices paste until fragrant, add salam leaves and tomatoes.
- Add 700 cc (25 oz) water, let it boil
- Add fish, salt, sugar and bird eye chilli, cook for a few minutes with high heat. Then reduce the heat until fish is cooked.
- Add kemangi and 1 table spoon lime before removing from stove.
Back to Indonesian recipes