Recipe: Daging semur - Beef semur
Semur daging means a dish of stewed beef. This Indonesian dish is easy to prepare and is served with cooked white rice.
||1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 6 candle nuts or cashew nuts, slightly crushed
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 pieces fresh ginger, minced (½ cm / ¼ inch thick)
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 cups water
- Slice steak thinly and set aside.
- Brown the onions, garlic,ginger and candle nuts in the peanut oil.
- Add the meat slices and water chestnuts, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and water and cook for at least 35 minutes.
- Salt and pepper may be added to taste.
- Serve over jasmine rice or plain rice.
Back to Indonesian recipes